The first week of production is over and before I catch up on the students’ progress this week, here’s a quick introduction on my second team, Millennium Dragons (M.G) from CHIJ St. Nicholas!
Cindy, An Qi, Kay, Min Yi
Led by team leader Min Yi, the second N.E.mation team under my ‘care’ is Team Millennium Dragons (M.G), which is made up of three other CHIJ St Nicks girls — An Qi, Kay, and Cindy.
I asked the girls to tell me more about their peers, and they shared that –
- Cindy (the tall one) is aka Troller, because she likes to disturb others while working.
- Min Yi (the hyperactive one) – the more stressed out she gets, the more hyper she becomes.
- An Qi (the bandage girl) – this title was given to her because she carries at least a roll of bandage wherever she goes, and sometimes even wrap herself in it for the sake of it, haha. Her team members even told me that she always smell like bandage. (?)
- Kay (like a “boss”), calls herself the bossy one because she behaves like one, keeps the distracted group members in check and likes to ‘scold’ An Qi haha.
This group of giggly girls are cute! Milly (the teal dragon drawing is one of the two mascots). Gift (below) is their second mascot.
Although they have different likes/dislikes, they bond together over art and are good friends in school.
M.G. has chosen the theme of gratitude, to thank SAF for protecting Singapore in the past decades. The animation will be done through a large pop-up book and stop motion. How large is the pop-up book? This large:
Recorded as a voiceover in the animation clip, their handwritten poem will also be played in the background. Because their book production requires a lot of drawing and cutting, so they have split themselves into two groups to make the process more efficient.
This is probably one of the messiest tents as compared to the rest of the Top 10 teams! Even with multiple attempts to clear the trash, it piles up pretty fast again.
Some of the completed parts for the pop-up book shown below –
Our iconic Singapore Flyer.
Marina Bay Sands (now made even more famous after David Beckham just visited it!)
SAF Superpuma (Am I right, M.G.? Hehe)
The structure of the helicopter was rather challenging for the girls but they’re glad that the hardest part is over! They’ll be moving on to create tanks and more backgrounds for their book.
Oh! And I wanted to share this. The girls were a little shy for candid photos so I asked for a group shot and they wanted to be flower girls, except for Cindy –
I was reading their NEmation blog entries and happen to see their official photo –
HAHAHA it’s the same pose!
Seems like Cindy is really against the flower pose idea. I like her consistency lol.
And on one of the computer screen, I spied a tweet for me ❤ …
IMPORTANT! Steps to ‘LIKE’ Millennium Dragons:
2) Scroll to the bottom, find “Millennium Dragons” on the left and click “LIKE”! #NE9C09
3) Might as well like Acrylics as well! (First one at the top.)
Looking forward to see their progress tomorrow evening, will update with more pictures and stories! 😀